HP. A company that I really enjoyed working for and a company that I still hope(I really do!) will try to figure out it’s way back to the top. A company that’s almost completely broken now, reminds us once again how broken it is with the video above. Yesterday this video showed up in my subscriptions tab on YouTube, so I decided to check out how are their new consumer products going. And while I was watching, I heard this from the person in the video:
We incorporated best-in-class keyboard, so not only is a traditional keyboard.
It has Num key built in.
It is… extremely hard for me to comment on that(except with a Gif) absolutely ridiculous, how can I say it, … thing. So the innovation is that you can have a … NUM key on your keyboard? Ammm… Okay.
What pisses me of are so many things…
- Why is HP trying to copy Apple so bad:
- The designs of their products look similar(but are still really far away from Apple’s). Not only for this device.
- The video itself is something that Apple is also doing in a similar and again better way.
- Just because Apple announced a new keyboard for their device, it doesn’t mean HP must mention something about theirs(which turned out to be so bad that I am now writing that whole post)
- How can there be anyone from HP that thinks that saying that having a Num button is something revolutionary?
- Why is there no one from HP jumping into the conversation below the video where I and others are commenting this absurd? (Update – yesterday, someone did, but you can see for yourself their comment)
- When is HP going to find itself and do something that is not copied from anyone!? Microsoft did it with Surface. Lenovo is also being Lenovo with machines like Carbon.
- What needs to happen in order for HP to finally be able to create devices that have unique design (kind of related to the previous, but not the same). The latest products of HP (last 2 years) are just crap. Come on…!
- How can it be that HP’s products are most of the times more expensive than the ones of the competitors!?
I know that no one will care about my opinion and I know it because even as an employee – no one cared when I was saying those out loud. However, if HP wants to get back at the top, my beliefs are that they have to change their approach to a lot of things and fire a lot of people(no, I am serious here).
P.S. While writing this another great news -> HP’s cloud considered now too small for Gartner to include it in their quadrant. Congratulations, HP! I thought that you were focusing quite a lot on this. Oh, and yeah, if you believe that “The Cloud” is not important(because recently you said something about it), let me remind you once again that you are lost!
And it still hurts me that you are.